View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 09:30 PM
rachelg

Thanks everyone for your advice, suggestions, and links. I work more than full time so it took me a few days to get back to you. I have been quilting for years...but somehow still feel like a novice. I almost always hand quilt. I have tried machine quilting but just cannot get the hang of it (other than straight lines) - plus I love the weight of the quilt in my lap while quilting.

This quilt is for a baby of a woman I babysat for thirty plus years ago. I've had a lot going on the past several years and wanted to make quilts for their babies and I just got caught up - even though their children are a few years old now. I just want them all to have something handmade by me. This baby will likely be an only child and arrived after a miscarriage...so the quilt is extra special. The baby is already two months old and I have to work in what little spare time I have. I found these stencils going through my box and think I will use them. One flower in each square and maybe the little flower stencil on the border. I will be sure to post when I am done. I will attach the stencil and the other baby quilts I just finished. Thank goodness for charm packs because I am terrible selecting colors and patterns. : )

Thanks again for all your help!!

Rachel

PS...the little quilt with the deer was machine quilted...though the binding was handstitched on. The other two quilts were hand quilted.
Attached Thumbnails ellaquilt1.jpg   ellaquilt2.jpg   layalquilt1.jpg   layalquilt2.jpg   richquilt1.jpg  

richquilt2.jpg   untitled.jpg