View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 06:36 AM
Sleepy Hollow

These three blocks are for both parents...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]576639[/ATTACH]

If you've ever watched Claymation Christmas, you might recognize this guy. My parents recorded the show when it was on tv in the 80s, and we would watch it every year. My sister found a copy on DVD, and so the tradition has continued as adults. We'll get together for Christmas dinner (we have it on Christmas Eve) and then after dinner we watch The Best Christmas Pageant Ever and Claymation Christmas.

The carol of the bells is a favorite, and I always think of this guy when I hear it. I need to paint or embroider they eyes, tooth, and arm, but he's mostly ready to go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_P0SaPmV3c [ATTACH=CONFIG]576640[/ATTACH]

Mom and Dad are Christian and we grew up in a religious household. Church every Sunday, where we would pile into the car with at least one of us carefully holding a flower arrangement that my mom made for the church. It wasn't uncommon to show up with our laps all wet...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]576641[/ATTACH]

When they moved into their current house, they put up hummingbird feeders. My dad takes care of the feeders and changes out the liquid frequently. They have some birds that stay all winter, through the snow and freezing conditions (Anna's hummingbirds, I believe). They've rigged up a heatlamp, and cover over one of the feeders to delay freezing, still having to change it every hour or two. They have one feeder positioned so you can see it from the dining table, and another you can watch from the kitchen sink. They're a little jealous of videos of feeders they see, where lots of hummingbirds are sharing, as their hummingbirds seem pretty territorial and are constantly chasing each other off the feeders. It's rare to see more than one feeding at a time.

I found the pattern in a book at St Vincent de Paul's and knew I had to get it. I might make more of the blocks to use for couch pillows.
Attached Thumbnails christmas-carol-bell.jpg   cross.jpg   hummingbird-flower-edited.jpg