Thread: Meals to freeze
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 09:52 AM
susiequilt

I go to the meat market abut 30 min from me and they have lots of things that they make in single serve sizes. They even wrap them freezer ready and put the instructions on a sticker on the outside of the package. The problem with them is they have changed their recipe or my taste buds have changed and they now taste so incredibly salty I don't want to eat them.
Some of the items offered to give you some idea are lasagna both meat and veggie, stuffed shells,
meatloaf, stuffed pepper. Chicken cordon blue, chicken Kiev, chicken Parmesan, Stuffed pork chops, lots of sea food stuffed with seafood stuffing etc. Lots I am forgetting. Even the regular grocery is starting to carry some but again they are too salty. They were so great to stick in the toaster oven on bake and take the dog out for a run and dinner is almost ready when I got back. I never minded paying more for the convenience since it's only me.
I was there yesterday and thought of making my own. I picked up some boneless chicken breasts and some butterflied pork chops and ground round to experiment.
I'll be watching here for more ideas. If they ever come out with frozen dinners that are low salt and taste good I would be in heaven. It would even be great if the picture looked like the dinner!