View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 02:02 PM
Just Jan

Originally Posted by Oksewnsew View Post
Since you ladies have gotten your blocks made for July, how about a mid-month block? You may choose to do it or not, just thought it's simple, and another technique to do. Hope you like it.

http://www.genxquilters.com/2012/09/...-tutorial.html
I will be making Dutch Pinwheel from the same site. I really see some pretty blocks others have made using the Flying Squares, but it just does not call out my name. Her block she calls Simple X is very similar to an extra block I made called Crossroads. The only difference is the corners of mine are different colors from the 'roads' in hers. Here is my Crossroads block:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]576719[/ATTACH]
I will probably make a Dutch Pinwheel and post it tomorrow. I will use nothing less than 3" squares to start with. I don't see how she can use 2.5" squares for HST and end up with two 2.5" HST. That allows nothing for seams. I usually use a little larger than 3" squares to start with and then trim them down to a perfect 2.5" block for a finished 2" finished HST. Thanks OKSEWNSEW for the link. I like getting a mid month block. Janet

NOTE***** Looking back at that block I see if we want 10" blocks our finished HST must measure 2.5" and the raw HST need to measure 3", therefore the squares need to be cut at 3.5 or a tad larger, for 3" trimmed HST.
Attached Thumbnails crossroads.jpg  

Last edited by Just Jan; 07-17-2017 at 02:11 PM.