View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 07:12 PM
Just Jan

Originally Posted by Libster View Post
Just Jan, love your extra block. I really like that site too, I've bookmarked it for later use. I didn't make the Barrister's Block from January, so I should maybe make one to replace it.
I've got a bushel of peas that I picked this afternoon to shell tonight. Already picked, snapped and canned 5 quarts of green beans this afternoon. Think I'll call it a night when I finish shelling these peas. I'll freeze them in the morning.
I don't know why you don't plan to make February's Barrister's Block, but you might want to rethink that. I passed it by for weeks then decided to bite the bullet, and I'm sooo glad I did. Its now one of my favorite blocks.

My Crossroads block is from BaseBlock.
If you make the Dutch Pinwheel don't forget to write down my notes regarding the sizes. There are just 16 HST in it, 4 across. To make a 10" block to fit with our others, each HST must have a finished size of 2.5" and the raw size would be 3". Cut your squares at 3 1/2 or larger.

I'm jealous of all your peas and beans. Not worth bothering with a garden in FL. Lousy, sandy soil,constant watering and then just when you think it's ok- the bugs get them! I did buy a few green beans to can, but it's really expensive that way. I made mixed pickles for me, and I made pickled beans for my friend. She doesn't freeze or can and she wanted some so bad that I made them to eat when she came over to visit and some for her to take home. The thing I miss most is being able to can my own spaghetti sauce and just regular crushed tomatoes. YUM (I'm originally from PA and I always had a nice garden.) About all I can or freeze now are home made soups, and some strawberry jam. And now that I've been sick I could not handle all that work anyway. No wonder you're tired! But I'll bet when you see your accomplishments it makes your heart happy!