View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 11:27 AM
Sleepy Hollow

[ATTACH=CONFIG]576754[/ATTACH]

The 9 patch cat block is the "opposite" of the one on the first page. I forgot to note that my SIL made the two cat 9 patch blocks.

The horse blocks are for my dad. He grew up not having his own horse, but riding his neighbor's and those of friends. As sheriff, he brought back the Sheriff's Posse, doing parades and search and rescue.

When I was in Jr. High, my older brother had just finished boot camp. He was home for a few weeks in the summer, so dad, older brother, younger brother and I all went camping, with horses. Dad had his own horse that he boarded with friends, along with an older, smaller horse he had for my little brother. We borrowed to more from a friend of his for the week-long trip. Campfires, horseback riding on mountain trails, cooking over the fire with a dutch oven, an bathing in the ice cold White River. My brothers and I were often at odds (one was 7 years older, one 5 years younger), but we all got along great on this trip, the better relationship with older brother growing after he went to boot camp. My dad thinks of this trip often, and I'm glad I was part of it (Mom and sisters chose not to go).

Dad also loves "Westerns", both books and movies.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]576756[/ATTACH]

More dogs for dad, and garden tools for mom. The coffee is a "both" block. They are both big coffee drinkers, and there was always a pot in the kitchen growing up. For the most part, us kids left the boiling hot coffee alone, but there was one bad incident where my brother got to mom's coffee, and he still has scars from the third degree burn.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]576755[/ATTACH]

More horses for dad, and more insects for mom.

Horse block is a bit of a "both", as mom was the one to drive cattle as a kid/teen.

When my son was little, she got him a magnifying glass cup, so they could catch bugs and look at them.
Attached Thumbnails 4p-9p-cats-sunset-horses.jpg   4p-horse-riders-bugs-mag-glass-edited.jpg   4p-orange-dogs-coffee-garden-tools-seeds.jpg  

Last edited by Sleepy Hollow; 07-18-2017 at 11:34 AM.