View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 04:45 PM
Sleepy Hollow

[ATTACH=CONFIG]576783[/ATTACH]

The red 4 patch has birds and bird houses. They usually have at least one birdhouse around the yard. More garden tools, and I wanted to have a pair of garden gloves somewhere in the quilt. Over the years my mom has probably gone through hundreds of pairs, and she always keeps extra around for us to use when we come to help her, in case we forgot our own.

The grill block is for my dad (I got the block in an I-spy swap on the boards, and it was perfect!) During the summer, it wasn't unusual to have steak for dinner every other night. Somehow they got it cheap enough.

The ice cream block... When we would go to "the big city", we would sometimes stop at an ice cream stand on the way home. They would have swirled ice cream about a foot high in the cone. The ice cream stand is still there, but they don't do the ice cream as big as they used to. When we got ice cream for home (rare), we often got Tin Roof Sundae.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]576784[/ATTACH]

Another sewing related 4 patch for mom.

The little barn fabric was used as a "filler" since all my blocks were different sizes. When we would go to gramma and grampa's house, we'd play games in the barn (when there wasn't a big wasp nest). My grampa built the barn and the house.

The house fabric is another filler fabric, but more dressed up. We always had a dog and a clothesline, both of which are in the fabric.

The camera fabric (also an I-spy fabric) is for my dad. He's been into photography as long as I can remember, and it's one of his hobbies that I share with him. I bought my first camera in fifth grade, with money from my paper route. As adults, we all pitched in to buy him a nice digital camera and send him to a class. When he's feeling better, I need to get him out more so he can use it.
Attached Thumbnails grill-ice-cream-4ps-water-can-red-birdhouses.jpg   homes-cameras-barn-swatch-4p-small-sewing.jpg