View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 06:35 AM
rjbquilts

Default Hello from North Carolina

I love to sew, and have since I was a kid. I've done clothes, home decor, and the occasional Halloween costume for my son, but after he grew up there was little left to inspire me. Then one day my step-mother, who used to hand quilt, suggested I look into quilting. Well, I'd rather scrub toilets than hand sew , but she showed me how quilting was so much more than that, and took me to my first show in Pigeon Forge, TN as a birthday present. Well, I've been hooked ever since, and love almost every minute of it. I still hate hand sewing, and I don't like to do the actual quilting part(although I do it on a machine), but the fabric, the colors, the patterns, the piecing - all that I love. I've lost track of how many quilts I've made over the last ten years. Duh, didn't think to take pictures of them before giving them away until about 2014. But I can't stop and now have a devoted craft room filled with fabric, 3 sewing machines, and all sorts of tools and notions. Too much fun!!!

Now as to why I'm here. I'm a programmer analyst and I also own a business, but both are done from home, so I'm limited on meeting others. I didn't want to socialize via the Internet, but not wanting to get into the world of Facebook, I was sort of stuck, until I found this wonderful board. I really wanted to meet others that love to craft with fabric, but I didn't particularly care to join a guild, although I do spend a good deal of time in my local quilt store and take classes, but it's still hard to make new friends with the way my life is organized. So, here I am, hoping to hook up with others that have the same obsession - I mean passion - about quilting that I do.

So - waving from North Carolina!