View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 01:32 AM
Murphy224

I am kinda old school, still keep a recipe box actually a wooden box that I have had for over 50 years!! I never add to it anymore, but it is full of old old recipes that I still use. I keep any recipes I find online on my computer. I have a folder named"1A All Recipes" with sub folders inside broken down by category for example Cakes. In that folder, I have sub folders again with types ie: pound, nut, different fruits, cupcakes, dump cakes, etc. Or category Breads: subfolders: quick, yeast, and again some sub folders in those. When I am looking for something I just go to the folders and look it up. I also print some and keep them in a large 3-ring binder. I just like to have a paper recipe handy when cooking. Haven't got myself trained to use the laptop or tablet to read a recipe and cook from it. I use my hands a lot and don't see getting food bits down in my laptop.
Occasionally, I have to go in and sort.....mainly delete those I have made and don't plan to ever make again or those that just don't appeal to me anymore. I really should move them to the cloud so they would be available on all devices but just recently got high speed internet and am still in a learning curve. (I know....but I live out in the country where high speed was not available till this year)
Another learning curve as to how to do that, put in the cloud.....and how important is it to me????
Anyway, that is how I organize and store my recipes. Basically, I would just like to be able to stop cooking altogether, but that is another story.....lol