View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 02:32 PM
Kwiltr

Cool! I took a solid coloured piece of fabric, mine was light grey on top, light green on the bottom and I took a slightly contrasting thread, so I could see stitch quality, tension issues etc. My piece was about 36" by WOF. On the grey side I took a blue wash away marker and drew out areas like borders of varied sizes and squares and triangles, so I could test out the ease or difficulty of stitching patterns familiar to me in all directions, as with a long arm you can't rotate the quilt in the process unless you un mount it and remount it on the frame and I took my favourite longarm ruler, a 2" X 10" I'd been using with my sweet 16 and domestic machine to see how that would go. I was evaluating the longarm experience, before taking the plunge to buy one, and I wanted to answer as many questions I had about how it was going to work for me, which may be a bit more involved than what you're looking for, but it work very well for me. Since I prefer to custom quilt, I approached the piece as a custom job, so it took me all day to complete that small piece. An allover design or panto, would be a lot quicker. Have fun!!