View Single Post
Old 07-22-2017, 06:30 AM
tropit

I love AUQuilter's idea of setting the timer for 30 minutes. I'd even go for only 15, but then I'm kinda lazy.

Get a couple of boxes, or bins and turn on some of your favorite music. Take everything off of the floor and separate the items by putting each item into their proper box. Once the floor is clean, you will feel a big sigh of relief and everything will be much more visible. When the timer bell rings, stop and have a cuppa coffee and reflect on where those things in the boxes will go, or just hang it up for the day.

During the next cleaning session, do the same thing described above, only tackle the things on the hangers. Maybe make a rule that you'll only work up to 3 feet off of the floor. When the bell rings, have a cuppa coffee, (or maybe wine,) and contemplate where you might want to put those things.

Continue with each session, tackling another area of the mess until it is all empty and your items are all separated in the boxes. Start looking around for solutions on how to store those items. (By now, you should have some good ideas after all that contemplating and cups of coffee.) Start putting the items away in their proper place. Don't forget to set the timer...you don't want to work too hard at this. It will all be organized in no time!

~ C