View Single Post
Old 07-22-2017, 12:24 PM
petthefabric

• A quilt buddy and I had a retreat until we finally said, "ENOUGH ALREADY." We get so much accomplished when we quilt together. She'll be back in a week for another 5 days.
    This quilt is "Big Blossom". Have used it many times. It's great for 12" square motifs. The horses were from the guild comfort quilt stash. The white with black horses is mine....perfect match. Used a lot of precut squares. Quilting is done and it'll be bound by someone else. The file won't upload, so I'll put it into another reply.

This quilt started with the animals in rows on fabric. The I found the block with the diagonal line at 22.5 degrees. This gave the angles to the quilt. It was pieced last year when we in Calif had been in a drought for 4 years and we'd lost trees. Made me think of the importance of watering holes. Kept adding strips to get color placement and fill in spaces. The ditch work is finished. Just need to do free motion around the animals.

This final quilt started with striped fabric. Found an idea for on point squares made from strips. Used one stripe to frame the on point large square. The torquoise/green/white squares were first 1/2 sq triangle of torquoise/white. The didn't make a strong enough statement so changed them. The quilt was still weak until the dark squares were added as a border. So far I've done some outline straight stitching. Would love some free motion quilting ideas.

Blog this Post

• Today, 01:09 AMpetthefabric

Super MemberJoin DateJan 2013LocationEastern Madera County, CaPosts1,041Feedback Score2 (100%)

Sorry, the image on the computer is right side up, but turned when uploaded.