View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 05:19 AM
mhollifiel

Breast fed both boys even though I returned to work at 5 weeks for one and 3 weeks for the second. I was a public school librarian with access to a small nearby room for pumping which I did manually. Grew up on a dairy farm, LOL! High school students were very supportive. How I love those students to this day.

I live with my son and DIL and they have a 5 month old who is completely fed with breast milk. However, he is in daycare so he gets bottles of breast milk she pumps for him. She has a huge milk production so they have a significant supply of frozen breast milk as well. My son's a Type A so he bought a generator just in case the power went out for an extended period! She is a doctor but has set times when she can pump at work.

I used purchased baby food for the most part. I would not do that today. My DIL is preparing solid food ahead, freezing in small batchest. These solids are just being introduced with success. He's really taken to prunes!

Bottles were plastic as I recall for my boys probably both sizes but I remember the smaller ones. Also cloth bibs.

For the grandson, bibs are cloth but I have bought a plastic adjustable one for future use on the recommendation of a friend that goes through the dishwasher for cleaning! We aren't using that yet. His bottles are plastic for drinking but special bags were purchased for freezing the breast milk and there's a microwave system for sterilizing the bottles that has a limited number of uses before it's replaced with another one.

Last edited by mhollifiel; 07-26-2017 at 05:25 AM.