View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 08:03 PM
quiltingshorttimer

I bottle fed both (30's now) with those Playtex bottles that had a plastic liner that collapsed as they drank and didn't require boiling everything to sterilize. I had C-sections with both--the 2nd was a VERY difficult attempt at a vaginal delivery before an emergency C-section and I was in bad,bad shape when I got home--staph infection too. I also went back to work 6 weeks after first and 5 weeks after 2nd. And at that time teachers that breast fed better plan on pumping during lunch only in the bathroom--so using bottles were a no-brain decision.

no bibs until they started eating cereal and baby food--which for that generation was discouraged until about 5 months old--but my son started draining and collapsing bottles at about 8 weeks and always hungry so Dr gave ok to go ahead with cereal.

Both my kids where cloth diaper babies at home--doubled at night--but daycare insisted on disposables which were not very good then. With first baby, my MIL gave us 12 weeks of diaper service--what a blessing! I would just set the diaper pail on front porch and would get a sack of fresh, folded diapers each week--especially wonderful for a Mom recovering from a C-section, with a baby and a 40+ week job. Wish they had that kind of service now.