View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 08:26 PM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Originally Posted by grandma nurse View Post
I never felt elderly until I couldnt get around. I kept my hair dyed light brown and decided to let it go gray. With my skin coloring I look bad. Then add a hunched over walk! When I looked in the mirror it was frighting. I couldn't take it especially because I always looked younger then my age. 70 hit me hard, messed with my mind a bunch. Plus hurting in my back brought on depression. It sure hasn't been easy. I did recolor my hair but it just isn't the same anymore. I hate to be out and about because of the pain and using a walker. Maybe I have to much pride but I can't imagine what I will be like in another 6 months let alone another year. I have no energy and only want to stay in the house and play in my sewing room. I think I look and feel elderly at 71 and that is to young to feel this way.
Grandma Nurse, is there nothing to be done about the pain in your back? Have you been to a pain management clinic? They have lots of new techniques and treatments that do not include just popping pain killers... worth looking into. It may change your life!