Old 07-28-2017, 04:29 AM
rryder

I have very limited storage space in my old house so I've been wrapping them around pool noodles and making a muslin bag that slips over my pool noodle/quilt roll-up to protect from dust. These then stand on end in a corner of the guest bedroom. The quilts stay wrinkle free and dust free and are protected from sunlight.

I wrap more more than one quilt around each noodle, by rolling the largest on first, then the next smallest, etc. When I roll the quilts onto the noodle I make sure that the pool noodle sticks out by a few inches at the bottom, then place my muslin bag over the whole thing and tie a piece of selvage around the outer bag just below the bottom edge of the quilts so they don't slip down. This allows me to stand the pool noodle on end without having to worry about the edges of the quilt being squashed. Finally I tie the top of the bag shut and attach a label so I know which quilts are on which noodle.

For larger quilts a piece of PVC can be used to join two (or more) noodles together by sliding it into the center hole of the noodles.

Rob