Thread: peddle machine
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 07:47 PM
Lostn51
Banned

Well here I go on my soapbox again LOL!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The only machines I use are treadles, in fact my studio is set up with a central treadle that I can use a wide variety of machines on. All I have to do is change the wooden plates in the bench and I can use which ever machine I want. Then I have all of my treadles that are in my home with machines in them.

The reason I like them so much is because the quilts that are made on them you can see and feel the love in them. It is like time stopped and I am back in the late 1800's to early 1900's creating a piece of living history. And the looks you get when you give a quilt that was sewn on a machine that is over 100years old is priceless. Its like they are in possession of something extremely valuable and precious.

Another reason I use nothing but treadles is that the machines are better made than anything that is out there today and if I want all of the fancy stitches or features I have accessories for that. For me its a way of life hence my screen name, I was born a few generations past where I should have been.

Another reason they are catching on again is the fact that there is no carbon footprint and its Eco friendly.

Billy