View Single Post
Old 07-28-2017, 06:20 AM
twinkie
Power Poster

Default My First Paper Piecing Project.

I have missed a few of my quilt guild meetings due to a procedure done on my foot. I did not get to take the class with instructions. My DH took my by the quilt house last week for a quick visit. The president gave me the pattern but said when you can come and stay for a little while, we will give you the instructions.
I haven't been back yet. But being the impatient person I am, I decided to figure it out myself. Here are the results.
First Bird House
[ATTACH=CONFIG]577466[/ATTACH]
The directional fabric isn't straight so this one is wonky
[ATTACH=CONFIG]577467[/ATTACH]
Don't think there is enough difference between background
and the roof of the house.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]577468[/ATTACH]
Thought the pink, purple and blue batik would pull all the houses
together. WRONG.

Another problem with the two houses with more than one "bird hole" in them, the yoyos I used do not look like they are the same size. Needless to say, I am not real pleased with the finished project but here it is and I did learn how to do it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]577469[/ATTACH]
What is going to happen is 16 ladies are going to do one of these blocks. Of course each one will be different. All of the blocks are going to be put together and each ladies name is going into a bowl. Then a name will be drawn and that member gets all of the blocks to make a quilt. I think if I do another one, I will put buttons on them so they are all the same size. Thanks for looking.
Attached Thumbnails pink-bird-house.jpg   purple-bird-house.jpg   p-blue-bird-house.jpg   paper-piecing-bird-houses.jpg