View Single Post
Old 07-29-2017, 10:58 AM
pewa88

As many have said there is a clear distinct difference in a spanking and an abusive form of corporal punishment. I am saying that any attempt , even if is a swat on the bottom; an appropriate time out; counting to three is better than how most kids are being raised today. Permissiveness, disciplining in a very inconsistent way (ex. yesterday it was wrong to do but today nothing is said- type of thing) is not correct training for children. Without proper training they are very unhappy and floundering and in need of love. Yes, to discipline a child is to love them. My parents spanked me and sometimes said things that maybe they should not have said but I never doubted that they did not love me because they were connected and engaged; I tell you my Mom did not miss anything. She was a 4th grade teacher and I became a teacher and we do have eyes in the back and sides of our heads. If a child knows that you are watching and engaged many times they will think twice before doing something they shouldn't. And yes, children do do things that they shouldn't.

Last edited by pewa88; 07-29-2017 at 11:00 AM.