View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 02:33 AM
sval

Default Longarm seems to have a "bad spot"

Let me try to describe this and see if any of you can relate.

I panto. My machine feels like it is hitting something in the exact same location all the way across the panto. What's weirder is it does it on several pantos, all that have the same particular swoop. It's like a smile. But it doesn't make me smile at all.
It isn't something on the tracks. I've tried cleaning and wiping to no avail.
It'll do it the whole length of the quilt. But behaves normally everywhere else.
So imagine when you get to that spot the quilter feels like it tugs off the line. I have figured out how to accomodate this action. I redraw the line in the offending location to avoid this area. But I'd like to know why it does it and if something can be done. For the cost of a LA I shouldn't have to be doing this.
It makes a not very smooth line there and looks bad. I'm sure anyone with a computerized machine wouldn't being having this issue. And perhaps even FMQ ing from the front of the machine because you wouldn't be following a line and wouldn't be doing a repeat motion across the quilt.

I've tried describing this to the service guy. He has no idea what I"m talking about. Or perhaps I"m not speaking his language. You know how that is? Sometimes you're doing your best and the other person still has a glazed look on their face.

Are all LAs quirky with some personality of their own?

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-31-2017 at 03:31 AM. Reason: language