View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 06:19 AM
Bneighbor

There is a difference, with a very fine line, between discipline (spanking or any other form used) and child abuse. Physical, verbal and mental abuse have long lasting scars on a child's future, but so does not having loving guidance. Parents allowing children to act in ways that do not mesh with what society expects are not doing their child any favors...they grow up to demanding that the world to cater to them. We see this now with some who feel entitled to do or say anything they want, and damn any person who objects.
When the "public" decides to interject their "opinion" to your child rearing, who has first "rights"? As a mom, I don't want to witness child abuse and would report it, but do I have a right to step in when a parent is setting rules? Where is that fine line?

I do want to add, that I light swat on the bottom is an attention getter. But restraint is hard for some parents. Their own demons live within them.
I read the stories, with tears. That was not discipline that most of you survived...it was child abuse.

Last edited by Bneighbor; 07-31-2017 at 06:29 AM. Reason: tears