View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 07:11 AM
Endora

Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
I was spanked, well it was more harsh than spanking, I did spank my kids and my do grandkids.

It's not my first choice but its definitely an option. I was once asked if I'd like to learn alternatives and not spank my kids. I told the person no, I don't beat my kids or leave marks and that God gave kids a bum so there was a place to spank them.
When I want to school, the teachers also spanked, one had a leather strap in his drawer. Trust me, there were lots of us who didn't anything we weren't supposed to do because we knew what would happen. When my oldest kids were in school, parents had the option to give teachers the right to spank. My kids always thought I had told the teachers yes to spanking, even though I didn't and they did great in school.
When my one son was in his teens, he was a handful always threatened to call the cops if I spanked him or disaplined him at all. So one day I took him to the police dept so they could educate him on the subject. He quickly found out that in our state, its not against the law to spank, I could lock him in his room if I needed too, and I could and did take his door off of his room due to constantly slamming it. By the time we left he never threatened me again on the subject. He also learned that at his age, all I had to do was supply the food in the house, I didn't have to cook it. It was an eye opener for him.
I think you have to look at the child, the situation and if all else fails, then its spanking. I have told my kids, and my grandkids when they are misbehaving that if they don't listen and once I get my but up to spank them, they are going to get it.
That's me totally. Once I was up, they got it.