View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 04:52 PM
vickig626

Originally Posted by Cari-in-Oly View Post
Karen I have to tell you, I felt like you do, I wanted one but I refuse to pay the outrageous prices for the cuteness factor. I waited and watched for two years before I found one and finally scooped one up for $50. In all honesty, yes it's cute and all but it's just too small for me to take it seriously. I like the muscle factor of my full size vintage machines so I rarely use it and will be giving it to my GD in a few years. Just last year I totally scooped on an original cabinet for it at a garage sale for $25. The deals are out there if you're willing to be patient. And as for color, depending on which one you want the prices go way up. Besides the three mentioned, the rarest FW is the crinkle finish.

Cari
totally agree with you. If I'm going to do some major sewing, I'm comfortable with my computerized Baby Lock Symphony. I like all the bells & whistles on it.

Since this was an unexpected gift, I will mainly use this for classes / travel.

I was curious about paint colors and found a site that does have several colors (including my favorite, purple). But, no way I'm paying almost $500 just to change the color. I'm happy with its original black.

Bargains are out there. Just got to keep an eye out for them.