View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 06:55 AM
HisPatchwork

Wonderful! Thanks for sharing,I love to hear about memories like this.It brings back memories I cherish also. Maybe more of us can find the time to share our quilty memories. I have 2 quilts from my grandmother. Never saw her work on them, but remember seeing parts of them now and then. She kept them in a closet when not working on them. I am making the memories I hope my grandchildren will cherish. I am teaching two of them to quilt and they are included in my quilt group. One started at 9 years. The second one, not to be out done, started when she was about 4 yrs by helping to pull the needle through on my first hand quilted quilt on a frame. I had to get her started on her own little project. {I have since bought them both a Janome sew mini- they are 13yrs and 9yrs now}Now the youngest, 19 mo, plays with fabric, sits on my lap when I sew, and generally loves to play in my sewing room while I am in there. I am blessed to be home to watch them while Mom and Dad work and school is out. I really miss them when they start school.