View Single Post
Old 08-06-2017, 02:39 PM
hockeymom14

Default Block of the Month Quilt Show at my LQS

Every year our local quilt shop does a Block of the Month Program. You can pick from 3 different fabric lines and everyone does the same 12 blocks. The setting, backing and binding are up to you to buy separately. It starts in April and ends in March. At the beginning of the program we are given the shops quilt setting idea but of course we are free to do our own thing. Here are some pictures from the show sorry they are sideways.

The first picture is my quilt top. It won first place by popular vote. The setting is based off of a Judy Martin pattern called Monet's Wedding Ring. As you can tell I did not have time to quilt it and at this time I have no clue how I will be able to do so either. It got a little out of hand and I have no idea of the actual measurements. It almost reaches the ground on my King sized bed on 3 sides. My current machine is a Janome Magnolia and I do not have the $$$ to rent time on a machine or get it quilted by someone else. So it looks like it may be a WI for quite a while.

The second picture is the second placed quilt. The center is paper pieced and the picture does not do it justice. It had my vote.

The rest are the remaining quilts that were still up on the walls when I got there.
Attached Thumbnails bom-2017-4.jpg   bom-2017-6.jpg   bom-2017-1.jpg   bom-2017-2.jpg   bom-2017-3.jpg  

bom-2017-5.jpg