Old 08-08-2017, 05:43 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

I bought mine at a quilt show a couple years ago and still haven't started playing. I sprung for just about everything. I got the rods, the foundation, 2 different scissors, glue sticks and refills and I believe the tweezers. Yeah I got caught up in the moment.

My friend who does this method of applique a lot says she never uses the tweezers. The rods for turning and smoothing are the guts of the system. Her glue is supposed to be nicer to work with than elmers school glue. I do know the stick is much smaller so easy to apply to tiny pieces. Her scissors are wonderful! They are micro serrated and I really could feel the difference in control with them. I liked them better than the Karen Kay Buckley scissors and KKB are really nice but the Appliquick ones are all metal. I got both the tiny ones and the 3 hole ones that look like hair stylist scissors with the special loops for your middle and ring fingers.

I believe the only place you can get these tools without going to a show she is attending is through Jinny Beyer. At least in the states. I think she chooses one distributor and just sticks with them but that may have changed.

https://www.jinnybeyer.com/ax_commer...096227289663C1

I know one of our members, Tartan maybe?? has done this method of prepared applique with tiny seafood forks and elmers washable glue sticks. Not sure what she uses for the foundation. There was a topic a while back where they went into detail.

Apliquilt tools alternative

Last edited by feline fanatic; 08-08-2017 at 05:45 AM.