Thread: Janome 6600P
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 05:23 AM
Daisy Dew

Originally Posted by Murphy224
I bought mine in 2008 and paid $2000 for it. I would not give mine up for anything. In 2014 I purchased the Janome 15000 because of the embroidery unit and quilting capabilites but still have the 6600 and use it a lot. Especially while the 15000 is stitching out an embroidery design.
The 6600 is an amazing machine and if you do a search, you will be hard pressed to find anyone who says they have had problems with it. In fact for some of my uses, I prefer it to the 15000, just does better with some projects, purses, wallets, Bionic Gear Bags, etc.
Here is the link to it on the Janome site, current MSRP is $2499.00
http://janome.com/en/machines/sewing/mc6600p/
uu

bought mine new 2008 also never a lick of trouble love this machine Only use Janome bobbins-for sure and yes I do throw bobbins away after a year. I select about 10 bobbins, use them Throughout the year then pitch! All plastics wear out. I change my needle every other week no matter what. If I'm really on a tear I change it every week. Have this beauty serviced every year while we go on vacation.
FYI. Too often problems occur when one forgets to clean the feed dogs and bobbin case.