Old 08-14-2017, 02:34 PM
Jane Quilter

Hey Battle Ax, your block is gorgeous in the purples and greens. I have been admiring your work since the beginning of the BOW. The only off block I see is the upper right green triangle in the 2nd row. If it isnt an easy rip and fix, just leave it. It is a busy enough block and quilt to make small points unseeable.
Thanks for the compliments.....but look careful.....and you will see my off points too, The accuracy, as you know, is a combo of cutting, stitching, pressing, and matching seams. The best tip I can share, is to heavily starch your fabric before you cut your squares or triangle.....I mean crunchy and stiff like cardstock paper.. On those tiny 1" square blocks and triangles, they stay firm when you sew with tiny stitches (20 stitches/inch) and it is easy to maintain an accurate 1/4" seam. Don't use pins on tiny blocks...the distortion is too much. Use elmer's washable glue, heat set, if you must pin. Both these products will wash out when the quilt is finished. But even quilting is easier on starched blocks. Good luck, Jane

Last edited by Jane Quilter; 08-14-2017 at 02:39 PM.