View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 06:26 AM
OurWorkbench

Originally Posted by Mickey2
Everything looks right to me from the picture you posted, but I can't see any tension disks? There's usually a set of flat disks the thread goes between, the pressure on these is indicated a numbered tension dial (can be a numberless knob or nut too). I hope someone with first hand experience on your model will add something useful.
This doesn't have the flat discs. Even machines that look like two discs, they are together and should not be separated as indicated in this post -> Adjusting Tension on Wheeler & Wilson 9
There are many different tensions that are on the arm as shown in the following threads:
New National - New Home
Probably new Work Stand template needed and info Please There are two different tension assemblies on the Weed

Good information about checking the tension but it seems as though Seijun may have gotten it figured out.

Also a Rob pointed out that the presser foot should be raised as indicated on page 10 of the pdf for this machine.

Originally Posted by Seijun
... I am not sure if I have the thread correctly positioned in the tension plate. I took some pictures. It is hard for me to tell what is going on. I looks as though the thread is looped around a notch of some kind as well as a spring. Here is the thread with tension applied:
https://goo.gl/photos/C4MB9dPiKB5sFhePA
Unfortunately, I can't see the picture. I will try a little later on a different computer. It really is hard to see what is going on in that tension. I took lots of pictures and it is still hard to see what is actually going on, especially when some of the thread is reflected in the assembly. It is hard to see what is the thread and what is reflection. After the notch the thread goes down to the spring and then back up to take up slot. The thread travels from the back of the notch then to the spring and you can generally hear a click when it is threaded properly.

Here is a picture of my White with the same tension.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]578888[/ATTACH]

Have you tried adjusting the top tension at different numbers 1 to 8 and does it change the stitch?
You should get different looking stitches if at 1 than at 8.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Attached Thumbnails dscn0243_white-notchaedit.jpg