View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 11:04 AM
TheMerkleFamily

Maude... I was at my local Juki dealer this past weekend and asked about interchangeable feet - the answer was to stick with the Juki brand to ensure a proper fit. She said often the other high shank brands (well known or generic) don't properly line up with the needle on the Juki TL series. I know that's likely a standard dealer response but I thought I would ask and update you on what they said. Since the TL2200QVP mini comes with all but two feet (ruler foot & echo foot) I'm not sure I will ever have to try another brand? Especially since I came home with the echo foot that day!

Weezy - I have used my walking foot (that came with my recent purchase of the TL2200qvp mini in July) with the guide and it works great! The only time I noticed a bit of noise I quickly discovered the screw wasn't tight enough - but once I tightened it I used it for many hours with no problems - it just purred along. Beautiful sandwiching of several layers of material/peltex/fusible interface and cording while constructing a tote bag and this machine worked through it all like a charm! The size 16 needle helped too! I will say I choose to control the speed down to about half and that's plenty with the walking foot/guide.

I have been working beyond my beginner talents and this machine has not failed me yet! I'm still in the honeymoon stage so I do follow the recommendation to keep it clean (lint free) after each use and oiled about every 10 hours or so of operation. The only shortcoming - that has been repeated by others - is the lighting could be better but I solve that with my stand-up OTT Lite.

Truly a great mechanical straight stitch machine!

Christine