View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 04:37 AM
Wanabee Quiltin

Default Fabric getting expensive!

DH teases me when I pick up fabric at thrift stores saying I have enough already. Yesterday we went into a LQS to buy some thread and I looked at all their samples and fabric. The store was jam packed with samples for all upcoming holidays plus more. They had many small packets of charm squares by Moda laying around so I picked one up and was amazed that they were $8.99 for only 24 pieces of 5" squares. Then I checked the fabric on the bolts and they were $9.99 and up. Yes, the fabric was incredibly beautiful, very bright colors, just exactly what I liked. My thread turned out to be $5.00 each and two years ago it was $3.50. I did not buy any fabric or patterns or outdated magazines ($4.99). DH always tells people that this is an expensive hobby. I came home and could have kissed my stash. Well, I certainly petted it. I recently bought name brand quilting magazines for 12 cents at a thrift store sale and bags of fabric for 1/2 off. Guess I will keep the thrift stores happy after what I saw yesterday.