View Single Post
Old 08-20-2017, 05:37 PM
tscweaves

Default Oh no, what have I done!

I decided I wanted a cabinet for my Auntie's Singer 15-125 that came home yesterday. I remembered one of the reasons I gave it away was because I didn't like sewing on my dining room table. I did not want to spend a lot or drive very far. I found a cabinet for a decent price and only about 30 minutes away, so I went and picked it up. All it needed was a good cleaning, so I gave my pretty green singer a spa treatment and it is in the cabinet.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]579267[/ATTACH]

Now the problem is, this was in the cabinet:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]579268[/ATTACH]

It is the dirtiest machine that I have ever seen. It is a Singer 306K and it has a lot of the attachments and 7 pattern disks. This is a real early zigzag machine but it uses 206x13 needles. I wouldn't even bring it upstairs, that is how dirty it was. I gave it good spa treatment in my garage, oiling as I cleaned. The mechanics were so dry, I can't even imagine the last time someone used it. The person who I bought it from had it plugged in and was running it when I got there. I asked them to stop, it needed oil so badly.

I had planned on just turning around and selling it, but there is something strangely fascinating about it. I have never seen a machine with so much stuff on the outside that moves, so if I can track some needles down I am going to have to play a bit before I sell it. Everything that I have read says it is an extremely strong stitcher.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]579269[/ATTACH]

It cleaned up amazingly well and after a number of oilings it feels and sounds a lot smoother. I just don't understand how this happened. I said no more sewing machines after I got the 201-1, now I have two more! I really have to start staying the heck off Craigslist! LOL
Attached Thumbnails 20170820_173001-800x600.jpg   20170820_115025-800x600.jpg   20170820_140312-800x600.jpg