View Single Post
Old 08-21-2017, 09:40 AM
Colorful1

As a longtime quilter, I can't say enough about how much I LOVE MY LQS!

They are experts and educators in the sewing/quilting field, are there to answer my questions including the difference in threads, help me in figuring yardage out, provide me w opportunities to get together w others for quilting, look into special orders, guide me on what I may/may not need for a project, and more. I can even take fabric there that I buy on vacation elsewhere, and they'll help me find coordinating ones to work w it. They carry beautiful fabrics, offer both full- and sale-priced, and I buy what I need.

I can't get any of this from the internet or big box chain. And even though there's a lot of info on the internet, there is a lot of wrong/incomplete information.

My LQS has worked on developing a relationship w me, and I trust/value them. They are running a business, and as costs of inventory, freight, etc. increase for them, they have to raise prices to be profitable and to remain in business. Personally, I feel like I am getting much more than just fabric when I buy from them, and I value it.

I am grateful they're around and I want to do my part to keep them in business. I would not feel right going to them expecting free guidance/help if I didn't buy from them.