Old 08-21-2017, 11:28 AM
JeanieG

Dang QNS - so sorry to hear of more eye problems! You have such a great attitude! Good for you!

I just finished sewing the sashing on my FWS 30's Quilt together last night. Got one more small border to go all around the outside (I think), then decide on the main border fabric. Gosh it feel so great to have it done this far. I am so proud of myself, I have not started anything new this year!!! Can't say that is going to continue, I'll probably do the next Mystery Train Ride coming up in September (we think). Also looking forward to Bonnie Hunter's Mystery at the end of the year.

My sewing room is awash in 2 other unfinished projects! I have my Pony Club #2 Quilt on the display wall, and have been auditioning sashing for that one. Don't know if I will do cornerstones on it or not. I am also quilting my last year's Bonnie Hunter Mystery EnProvence. It has been way to warm to do any quilting, so that has sat all summer. But it still on my table by my Brother 1500 that I quilt with.

We just got back from 3 days up at a nearby lake (that is at 42% because of our severe drought). That was a relaxing time. We plan a trip to the ocean in September. There is a stretch of beach that was old highway 101 that they have spaced out camping spots for RV's. It is crowded all summer, but once school starts it is easy to get a spot during the week. So great camping on the beach. We stopped by there on our way home last Friday from the lake and the dolphins were putting on a show. Such fun!