View Single Post
Old 08-21-2017, 05:44 PM
Heather Hayllar

I think you will make large quilts. It happens easily, you are doing a topper and you think "hmm think I will do this block around it" then before you know it its bed size!! Love your work.

Originally Posted by SoManyStitches
I've been visiting the QB since I took up quilting (and learned to sew, really) in February of this year, but I've just now gotten myself together enough to register and to make my first post.

I just finished my 5th quilted project, a table-topper for my mom. All my projects so far have been small -- 3 table-toppers/runners and 2 throws (one for each of my kids). I'm not sure I'll ever have the confidence and/or motivation to tackle a bed-sized quilt, but for now, I'm happy working on small items as I teach myself how to quilt.

This table-topper is roughly 32 inches square (well...square-ish), and made with fabric from the Katie's Cupboard collection. The pattern is the mini version of Reveille from the book, Another Bite of Schnibbles. I struggle with lining up points and with the actual quilting, but am still pleased with the overall results as I am not very crafty in general. Quilting is turning out to be a very enjoyable hobby for me, good for stress relief, and for keeping me from too much snacking.

Thank you for looking!

-Katrina

[ATTACH=CONFIG]579186[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]579187[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]579188[/ATTACH]