View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 02:33 PM
rivka
Banned

I really, really advise against ordering from Allbrands.net. I've had two bad experiences with them, and have sworn off ordering from them altogether:

1) I ordered a bobbin winder from them. When it arrived, I discovered that it did not wind the thread as tightly as I would have liked. I did not know this at the time I ordered, but they do NOT accept returns on opened items (and if you do manage to convince them to accept your return, they charge a 15% restocking fee). I pleaded with them to take it back, because it did not work as expected. They refused.

2) Going against my better judgment, I shortly after that ordered a new metal carriage for long-arm frame -- they were having a really good deal, and I couldn't pass it up. They not only sent the wrong size carriage -- and refused to take it back despite it being the wrong item -- it was also horribly broken in several spots. I talked to the Grace Frame Company, and they made everything right...they're a great company. Allbrands...not so much.

They have some good deals on their site that are tempting, but I've been burned twice now as far as crummy/broken products, and would never order from them again. That combined with their awful return policy just doesn't make it worth it.