View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 03:50 PM
n2scraplvr

Originally Posted by oksewglad
n2
You've been busy!:thumbup:
Like your idea of 4 patches made up. I like to have 9 patches made up ahead, but they're made of 1" squares so are well--tiny! :lol:
Have you seen the tute on quick 4 patches using 2 larger squares? Think I'll try it.
Later, G
Hi G! No, haven't seen the tute on quick 4 patches but already know how to make batches of them at a time being all the same color. Trouble is I want to make batches at a time of all scrappys! lol. It's a real cool method of sewing vertically and horizontally as I recall. Think it was from http://www.firstsuite101.com but lost all that info when we restored my computer back to day 1. No, I think it's just called "suite101.com." We didn't know how to save my favorites list so lost all that data on quilting.

I keep tons of two patches made up just to do nine patches. Have a stack of three patches made up too. Learned from quiltville's site to see the nine patch block in two's rather than three's. What a big difference that is! The last patch added is the single one to the corner of the block that determines whether you want it 5 dks/lts or 5 lts/dks. So I make some with 5/dks/4lts and some in reverse of that 5lts/4dks. Love those 9-patches but don't think I can handle those 1" blocks as well as you! Mine would look like zigzag city! haha! Let me know about the tute - may have to watch since I can hardly remember exactly how the other one went! lol.

:D :D