View Single Post
Old 08-28-2017, 05:29 AM
tropit

Wow! A big CONGRATS to you!!! That's sure a nice feather in your cap!

Which reminds me...our local fair is coming up in a couple of weeks and I'm getting really excited about it. It's the cutest county fair ever. They have a parade down the center of town. The town is so small, that they don't have many side streets, so the parade has to turn around at the end of town and proceed back down the same route that they came from. We all get to see it twice! The tourists also get caught up in the parade as they drive through town. You should see the looks on their faces as they realize that they're part of the procession. It's hilarious!

I am way too intimidated by the excellent quilt entries to ever enter my own, but I love to go to the fair to see the quilts. These ladies are really, REALLY good quilters!! It's one of my favorite exhibits. That and the wool show. We have a lot of sheep ranchers around here, so the hand dyed, hand spun wool products are all on display and for sale. They're all just gorgeous. Plus, they have sheepdog trials too. The fair is a lot of good, old fashioned fun.

~C