Old 08-28-2017, 11:08 AM
Sandygirl

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
What horrifies me is when a quilt shop doesn't keep up with the quilting world. If I ask about a new product and get the you must be crazy look I never go back. Now I take the magazine ad or pull up the website for a new product and show it before I ask. I'm shocked at how many shop owners have no idea of the new products available. They restock from the same old inventory list from a decade ago. And they wonder why so many shops are closing. I won't shop where what I want isn't available.

I made nice Thimbleberry pattern quilt My niece fell in love with it and I gave it to her and her new DH for a wedding gift. About a month later I noticed a picture she posted on Facebook. The quilt was in the background hanging as a shower curtain. I enlarge the picture and could tell holes were poked in it for the shower hooks. I didn't say anything but I was sad because I wanted the quilt for me but gave it to her.

with hundreds of new items hitting the market each month..how do you expect the shops to keep up? If you want an item..they will happily order it in for you. Pretty simple.

sandy

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 10-19-2017 at 03:44 AM. Reason: remove shouting