View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 06:15 AM
bkay

I'm in Dallas. We have 2 shelters open and are opening other shelters for the displaced residents. (They say they will be coming for another week.) I'm a regular volunteer in the local school district. I received an email yesterday from DISD asking for donations of uniforms and school supplies for the children who will be arriving and going to schools here for a while, at least.

I am currently making an I Spy quilt with no planned home. I thought a children's quilt would be a welcome possession for a child who has lost everything. If anyone wants to make one, I'll make sure it gets to the kids. The link the school district sent allows me to sign up for volunteering at the shelter, so I can make sure it gets to the proper place. I have lots of 5" squares I'll share if anyone is willing to make an I Spy quilt for the kids. My squares are 5". I got them in swaps, so they are varied and appropriate. PM me if you want me to mail some to you.

Other than donating the one I was making, I had no other plans until I read this thread. So, I'll start making the appropriate arrangements to handle this.

bkay

Last edited by bkay; 08-30-2017 at 06:23 AM.