Old 09-01-2017, 06:19 AM
tropit

Oh goody! Count me in! I love quilting weekends. It's fun to see what everyone else is up to. Thanks for hosting this.

What am I doing this weekend?

1. Reindeer pillow top. I followed a class on how to make "Dwight the Deer" and now I have one block completed. I want to try a few, new techniques on it, so I just made the one and plan to use it as a pillow when it's completed. The top is done...a few mistakes were made along the way, but it's still presentable. Next, I need to sandwich the quilt. I plan to use a quilt-as-you-go technique for removing part of the batting and then re-attaching it...a new thing for me.

2. Charity Quilt. I whipped this up yesterday and hope to send it to one of the charities distributing quilts to the Harvey disaster and possibly make another one to send to the CA wildfire victims. It's a very simple pattern that I just made up as I went along. Again, I want to try a couple of QAYG techniques on it, so the top is currently in sections and ready to sandwich.

3. Not a quilting project, but a curtain to hide all of my quilting stuff. I've made the curtain panels and now I have to attach the grommets to the curtains and hooks to the wall.

I'm in uncharted waters on all of these projects, so I'd love any tips and suggestions along the way. Gotta go to "Big Town" today to do the weekly shopping, but I'll be right in there tomorrow morning.

~ Cindy

Last edited by tropit; 09-01-2017 at 06:22 AM.