View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 07:45 PM
Dora Taggart

Originally Posted by Dora Taggart
Originally Posted by Lostn51
I have 4 dogs that pretty much run the house around here :lol: an Irish Setter, 2 Pomeranians and a Chihuahua.

If we did not give our dogs these flea pills the fleas would take over the house and yard, so it is a must have thing to do around here.

The dogs are supposed to eat them like treats (just like the HeartGuard we give them and they love) but trying to get them to take it is like trying to get me to go to the doctor if I am sick.......it aint happening! :roll: :lol:

If I may ask what kind of flea pill do you give your dogs?

If I my ask what king of flea pill, do you give them?

The little ones, they are fairly stupid and you can sneek it in with table scraps but Dixie my Irish Setter, dont even let her see you getting the box out she will know what going on next. I have crushed it up to powder form and tried to slip in a hamburger, red beans and rice, potatoes and gravy but she will not touch it.

I finally had to literally throw it down her throat and rub her neck while holding her snoot shut tonite and what did she do but throw it up because you have to have food with the meds or they will get sick. Apparently she grazed the kibble bowl before dinner and then when I fed her a hamburger patty and some fries it was more than her tummy could handle. So we figured we just wasted that $18 pill and I am going to have to do it again in a day or two.

And before someone says just use the topical stuff let me tell you the here in the south it is just a waste of time. The fleas like that stuff better than mosquitoes dig Off!!

Do you have the same trouble with your puppers or are they pretty okay with taking pills. And what do you do to fool them into taking them?

Billy