View Single Post
Old 09-03-2017, 06:51 AM
bkay

Thanks for starting this thread. I'm one of those people who has a hard time leaving an orphaned quilt top or blocks. Whomever said it takes twice as much time than if you started from scratch is right. Trying to straighten up someone else's mess is very time consuming. I have 2 UFO's that I picked up at estate sales, but have not finished either one of them. One is a 1/2 made quilt top of gorgeous Dresden plate blocks. I've taken it apart, squared the blocks and bought new sashing for it. I will finish that one. The other is a crooked red mess that I've spent way too much time on, trying to make it look right. I have so much time invested in that one, I'm reluctant to walk away.

I'd buy that Dresden plate thing again, without a doubt. I'd leave that red thing.

So, thanks for the lessons, ladies and gents. I hope I remember it at the next estate sale.

bkay

The Dresden plate thingy - Each block is a different bright color. There are a couple that are almost duplicates, but generally, each is unique. There are reds, blues, yellow, greens and purples. I really enjoy looking at it. Hopefully, I'll tackle it soon. Of course, it may end up being sold at my estate sale, too.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]579983[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]579984[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0530.jpg   dsc_0531.jpg