View Single Post
Old 09-03-2017, 07:15 PM
OurWorkbench

Originally Posted by Terry in the ADK View Post
It is a free motion foot with a big clear plastic circle as a foot. It is made by the Little Foot Quilt Shop Co. They have even sent me a replacement one as the first one broke the connection going on the needle pin. The replacement didn't work, they sent me another and that one is not working either. It connects the only way I can see to put it on, but the bobbin thread never comes up. The company said they would give me my money back if this replacement doesn't work... I can't fault them in any way. They have been more than fair. I just want it to work!
Since you say the bobbin thread doesn't come up, I'm wondering if the needle was inserted and threaded correctly. The flat should be on the left side as you are inserting it and then the thread it from the right to the left.

The featherweight is a low shank and as you were told, the Big Foot should work on the the Featherweight.

From my understanding about this type of foot, some have you change the pressure on the presser foot, some have you cover the feed dogs, on some machines the feed dogs are dropped (not a possibility on the Featherweight) and some just set the stitch length to "0"

Good luck on getting it to work.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.