Old 09-04-2017, 11:12 AM
Stitchnripper
Power Poster

When we moved here, we had a lot of time because we weren't established in the community. We did tourist-y things and figured out where our community would come from. We joined a Y for the gym and I've made some friends. He likes to be alone to exercise. The local quilt shop is 2 miles from here and when I went in I was welcomed with open arms and there is a UFO group that meets on Fridays and I've made some nice friends there. Some of them are in a once a month group somewhere else and I was invited to that, so I go there. Mr. Stitchnripper and I have smart phones but we aren't those that you see out with faces in the phones. We do talk to each other. This house is bigger than the last one so it would seem that it would take more work, but, we pared down our possessions and it really is easier to keep up. I now have 3 Instant Pots so cooking is easier and takes less time. Cleanup is easier too, but Mr. does that. I have enough time for what I want to do. I'm as busy as I want to be. All those descriptions of ladies from a bygone era - my mother laid on the couch most of the time. We think she had clinical depression. So, none of all that activity occurred in our house while I was growing up. I learned to do a lot by necessity. I do spend a little time on the computer - we watch TV together in the evenings after we eat. I don't like to sew after dark, even with the many lights in my quilting room. Once the sun goes down, I'm done!