View Single Post
Old 09-04-2017, 01:57 PM
wesing

Default How to finish this?

My mom bought this quilt at an estate sale and wants us to finish it so she can use it on her bed. The inside is 99% quilted (hand quilted) but the borders are not quilted. I will Not be doing any hand quilting on this. I have a BL Crown Jewel and Momentum frame, so I can either finish it there, or use a DSM (never attempted that). All the sashing is quilted with the rope design. Should I just use that? Do I put one in each border or treat the whole border as one piece and quilt it with one giant rope? If I use the BL, I have to put it on and take it off the frame twice, right?

I am basically a lazy Quilter. All I've ever quilted has been pantos, so I am at a loss here. Any suggestions are welcome. I just want this one out of my "in process" pile.

TIA,

Darren

Here is one corner showing the two borders
[ATTACH=CONFIG]580068[/ATTACH]
One edge showing the two borders
[ATTACH=CONFIG]580069[/ATTACH]
It's a nice sampler. It should look good finished
[ATTACH=CONFIG]580070[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]580071[/ATTACH]
I found this last bit of rope unquilted when I laid it out to take pictures. She even has her needles threaded and ready to go.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]580072[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_0793.jpg   img_0794.jpg   img_0795.jpg   img_0796.jpg   img_0797.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-08-2018 at 05:28 PM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps