Thread: Living Frugally
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 10:23 PM
kysmommy2

I love finding new ways to live frugally!
I do a LOT of coupons and especially when I can combine them with store sales! For instance...buy one get one free at a store, plus I have a coupon! score!!
I do make most my meals from scratch. Not only is it cheaper, it's much yummier! and a lot better for you than all those preservatives! I also compare the price at Walmart to the bargain price at grocery stores. A lot of times, it's actually cheaper there and I can still use my coupons.
Many places offer free haircuts throughout the month.
I am leinant on what type of shampoo, laundry soap, dish detergent, etc I use...whatever is on sale &/or I have a coupon for works for me!
Also at night I turn the heat down. I lay on top of an electric blanket instead of running the heat. I am a Florida girl and this is my first full winter living in NV...so I am FREEZING! During the day I do turn the heat up and I also use afghans and quilts to keep warm. I could seriously turn the heat to 80 and be perfectly comfortable...so keeping it at 70 or 71 is about my limit suring the day when I'm up and about. When the sun is out I def warm my home by opening blinds on the side of the house that the sun is shining on.
Also when I bake or cook in the oven...once I'm done and shut the oven off...I keep the oven door cracked to let it heat up the kitchen.
I am thinking of investing in a wood burning stove before next winter.........
Also...just a little side note...you CAN use a store coupon WITH a manufacturers coupon on the same item!! AND....if you do a buy one get one deal...you can use a coupon for the item you are paying for AND the free item!! seriously!
Happy savings ladies!!