View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 03:39 PM
Mickey2

The fabric usually weighs down on one side more than the other, and even if you think you have evened everything out best you possible can a large bulk of fabric will always drag or pull a bit in some way. I have much less of this on my 201 and I think it's because it's in a small table it makes it much easier to maneuver the bulk of fabric. The fabic have free room to travel up or down on both side of the table compared to my freearm model on top of a table.

If you test-sew two layers of reasonably narrow pieces of fabric, you should notice much less pulling if any at all. The presser foot should be pefectly aligned to the feed dogs and any thing out of line should be ovious to the eye. If the presser foot is off to the side, it's either bent, or the presserbar needs to be readjusted.

If you have been using the machine a lot lately, it's time for cleaning the bobbin area again after a couple of months. Some threads leave behind a lot more dust than others. You are obviously using good quality thread since you found next to nothing.

Last edited by Mickey2; 09-08-2017 at 03:43 PM.