View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 02:53 PM
JMS2017

Default Help choosing new machine

Hello,

I am in the market for a new sewing machine, specifically a quilting machine. After 17 years of dedicated use, yesterday I donated my ultra-basic Janome machine to a technician to use for scrap parts. My heartstrings were tugged--that little machine and I have been through a lot together.

I immediately went to check out the Berninas at a local quilt store/dealer, and I now feel like I have been under a rock all these years. Why did I not upgrade my machine years ago? I had no idea of the capabilities of these new machines! I am now freakishly excited about the possibilities and projects that await. I would consider myself an intermediate quilter and am very much ready to upgrade into a solid, mid-range, all-around machine.

I have been doing a lot of reading today, and I am interested in Pfaff, Janome, Bernina, and possibly Juki. I keep reading about repair problems and repair cost with Bernina, but it seems people Love their Berninas. I specifically looked at the 570QE and am interested in other brands' machines that are comparable to that one. Please, for those of you who own one of the brands that I mentioned, tell me why you chose it and what you love (or don't love) the machine. I was rather taken in by the BSR on the Bernina, but it is a lot more expensive than its competitors, and it seems the accessories and potential repair costs will add up quickly.

I look forward to what you have to say. Thank you!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 09-15-2017 at 03:30 PM. Reason: remove shouting/ all CAPS