View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 04:30 AM
TheMerkleFamily

Originally Posted by Patricia Drew View Post
I have a Juki TL2010Q for quilting. However, it's a straight-stitch machine, so if you don't have another machine for any zig zag or stitches other than straight stitching, that might not be a good choice for you.

That being said, the TL2010Q is a great machine for quilting and piecing. The price is reasonable, the stitches are great, and it's great for FMQ. I've had mine for 3 years now, with no problems whatsoever.

I do have a vintage Singer and a Juki HZL-DX7 that I can use as back-ups and for decorative stitches.

If you're going to have one machine only, the HZL-DX7 does just about everything, however the harp size is a little bit smaller than the TL2010Q.
I agree with Patricia Drew - I have the newest TL2200QVP Mini (comes with an array of quilters feet/guide) and I think it's Fabulous as a straight stitch workhorse! When I bought it I knew I would be buying a second machine for all the other decorative stitches (plan to after I go to our local Sew Expo next month!) If you're looking for one machine to do it all than this wonderful machine may not meet all your needs. BUT if you're looking for a fantastic, reasonably priced (paid $999), solid quilt/FMQ machine - this is it! I'm looking at the Juki HZL-DX2000 (another $999) for my second machine.

I went to the Bernina, Janome, Viking and Brother dealers - drove 'em all! That's my best advice to you then you'll discover what you like!

Good Luck -
Christine

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 10-23-2018 at 12:52 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps